High-Definition Metal Prints – Perfect for displaying photography and other fine art; metal prints result in outstanding image clarity and vibrancy with exceptional detail and resolution. Here are a few commonly asked questions regarding Chromaluxe metal prints.
WHAT IS DYE SUBLIMATION?
- In the hard surface dye sublimation industry, an image is printed onto dye sublimation transfer paper using dye-based inks and then transferred onto a specially coated surface with heat and pressure. The result is stunning with vibrant color and a unique dimensional quality. The image is not simply printed on TOP of the surface, it is embedded INTO the surface.
WHAT IS MEANT BY A “METAL PRINT”?
- “Metal Print” has become common vernacular in the print industry, but it basically means a print on metal. Duh! However, to be a true, HD quality print on Aluminum, is has to be Chromaluxe. We use only Chromaluxe sublimatable HD aluminum in our metal printing program. There is NOTHING that compares!
HOW LARGE CAN YOU MAKE MY METAL PRINT?
- We can make you a gloss print on Chromaluxe metal from 2×3 inches up to 40×60 inches in-house. We have partners who can assist us with prints up to 48×96 inches. Many times a series of smaller prints can be arranged to create a wall-size art scene!
DOES MY PRINT NEED TO BE FRAMED UNDER GLASS?
- No. ChromaLuxe’s unique coating allows prints to be showcased without the need for glass. ChromaLuxe metal prints are scratch resistant, waterproof, can be touched, and are easy to clean. Chromaluxe has achieved a Wilhelm Display Permanence Rating of 65 years.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY CHROMALUXE PRINT?
- Unlike other photo print media, ChromaLuxe metal prints are easy to clean. Your metal print can be cleaned with a cloth and any all-purpose household cleaner. The cleaner can be sprayed directly on the surface of the print and then wiped with a cloth as needed.
HOW LONG WILL CHROMALUXE METAL PRINTS LAST?
- ChromaLuxe metal prints were tested by Wilhelm Imaging Research and achieved a permanence rating of more than 60 years using two distinct ink sets. This rating is more than three times better than silver halide photo papers.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANG MY CHROMALUXE PRINT?
- There are a variety of options that allow you to hang your print. They can be framed, or hung as a “float” without a frame for a very nice, clean presentation. Small prints can be hung, floated, or placed in one of our special PVC stands. Please give us a call or email and we’ll help steer you in the right direction.
CAN I HANG METAL PRINTS IN MY BUSINESS?
- ChromaLuxe High-Definition print media will transform any commercial interior into a luxurious, world-class design experience. Our products provide an unsurpassed depth of field that is equivalent to the artists’ expression on canvas. You can find our products in hotels, restaurants, museums, businesses and other public spaces around the globe.
CAN I HANG MY METAL PRINTS OUTDOORS?
- ChromaLuxe aluminum and wood panels are not for permanent outdoor display. Any prints displayed outdoors will result in faster than normal fade. That being said, Chromaluxe is now testing an outdoor sign version of their aluminum substrate. Please let us know if you’re interested and we’ll get an update on the product development.